Montgomery County Felony DUI Lawyer
Aggressive Defense Against Felony DUI Charges in Pennsylvania
Driving under the influence (DUI) is a severe offense in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. When a DUI offense escalates to a felony, the consequences become even more severe. At Testa & Pagnanelli, LLC, we specialize in representing individuals facing felony DUI charges in Montgomery County. Our team is committed to providing you with the legal support and defense you need during this challenging time.
Call Testa & Pagnanelli, LLC today at (610) 365-4733 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our felony DUI attorney in Montgomery County!
When is a DUI a Felony in Montgomery County?
A DUI is typically considered a misdemeanor offense in Pennsylvania but can become a felony under certain circumstances. The key factors that can elevate a DUI to a felony in Montgomery County include:
- Repeat Offenses: If you have prior DUI convictions, subsequent offenses can lead to felony charges. A third or subsequent DUI offense within ten years is typically classified as a felony.
- Serious Injury or Death: If your DUI results in severe injury or death to another person, you may be charged with a felony. This can include accidents involving passengers, pedestrians, or other drivers.
- Child Endangerment: If you are arrested for DUI with a child under 18 in the vehicle, you may face felony charges of child endangerment in addition to the DUI charge.
- Prior Felony DUI Conviction: If you have a previous felony DUI conviction, any subsequent offenses will also be charged as felonies.
What are the Penalties for a Felony DUI in Pennsylvania?
Felony DUI convictions in Montgomery County carry severe penalties, which can vary depending on the specific circumstances of your case. Some of the potential consequences include:
- Mandatory Incarceration: A felony DUI conviction often leads to a mandatory prison sentence, ranging from one year to several years, depending on the factors involved.
- License Suspension: Your driver's license may be suspended for an extended period, possibly up to five years or more.
- Fines and Restitution: You may be required to pay substantial fines and restitution to victims if applicable.
- Probation: After serving a portion of your sentence, you may be placed on probation, which comes with its own set of conditions and restrictions.
- Ignition Interlock Device: You may be required to install an ignition interlock device on your vehicle, which tests your blood alcohol concentration before allowing you to start the car.
- Criminal Record: A felony DUI conviction will result in a permanent criminal record, which can negatively affect your life and future opportunities.
Defenses Against Felony DUI Charges
Being charged with a felony DUI in Montgomery County does not mean you are automatically guilty. There are various defenses and strategies that our experienced attorneys at Testa & Pagnanelli, LLC can employ to help you fight these charges, including:
- Challenging Evidence: We will thoroughly review the evidence against you, including field sobriety tests, breathalyzer results, and the circumstances of your arrest, to identify any weaknesses or inconsistencies.
- Constitutional Violations: If your rights were violated during the arrest or investigation, we will work to exclude any illegally obtained evidence from the case.
- Questioning Probable Cause: We will examine whether law enforcement had a valid reason to stop your vehicle and whether they had probable cause to arrest you for DUI.
- Alternative Explanations: We will explore whether alternative explanations exist for any injuries or damage involved in the case, which could cast doubt on your guilt.
- Negotiation: In some cases, it may be possible to negotiate a reduction in charges or a plea agreement that minimizes the severity of the penalties you face.
Contact Our Montgomery County Felony DUI Attorney Today
Facing felony DUI charges in Pennsylvania is a daunting experience, but you don't have to go through it alone. At Testa & Pagnanelli, LLC, our dedicated team of attorneys is here to provide you with the solid legal representation and support you need to protect your rights and future.
If you or a loved one is facing felony DUI charges, contact us today for a confidential consultation. Our team will assess your case, explain your options, and work tirelessly to build a strategic defense tailored to your situation.
Contact Testa & Pagnanelli, LLC today to schedule a consultation with our felony DUI lawyer in Montgomery County!
Devoted to Our Clients & Their Families
I highly recommend Maria TestaAlyssa H.
If you need a family law lawyer look no further! Maria is who you need!Trina M.
Testa & Pagnanelli Law is reliable, professional, and a good value law firm!Former Client
Individualized Approach Tailored to Meet Your Family's Goals
Efficiency You Deserve
Our firm will work to help you reach the next chapter quickly, efficiently, and without wasting your time and resources.
Focused Exclusively on Family Law & Criminal Defense
Don't leave the most important part of your life to chance, our team is highly experienced and solely focused on handling family law & criminal defense matters.
Well-Respected in the Legal CommunityOur attorneys have an impeccable reputation within the legal community and are highly regarded in their field.
Over 75 Years of Collective ExperienceBetween our attorneys, we have over 75 years of collective experience in ensuring your legal rights are advocated for.