As children grow, their needs change. Parents change too - a new job, a new partner, a new town. Sooner or later, it may be necessary to modify the custody arrangements, child support or spousal support.
Testa & Pagnanelli, LLC, handles child support modifications of family court orders. We are Philadelphia family law lawyers who can represent you on either side of these complex and contentious matters, in contested proceedings or out-of-court negotiations.
We practice in the greater Philly area, including Montgomery County and Bucks County. Contact our offices in Norristown and Philadelphia at 610-365-4733 for a free consultation.
Montgomery County Custody Modification Attorney
Either parent may petition to modify the child custody order if there is a significant change in circumstances:
- Change in the parenting schedule
- Partial physical custody (one parent seeks more visitation time)
- Primary custody (an older child switching households)
- Sole custody (upon proof the other parent is unfit)
- Parent relocation beyond Philadelphia or outside of Pennsylvania
If the parents are in agreement, we can amend the custody order and ask the court to approve it. Parents can enter an agreement even on the morning of the hearing. If the petition is challenged, we can represent either party in modification litigation.
Modification Of Child Support, Spousal Support, Or Alimony
Modifying orders for financial support also require a substantial change in circumstance. We represent clients in seeking or challenging an increase, decrease or termination of child support or spousal support:
- Inability to pay because of a job layoff or reduced hours
- New job or big promotion not reported to the court
- Tuition, summer camp and other expenses
- Child "graduates" from day care
- Child reaches age of majority (18)
- Remarriage or living with a new partner
We can advise on which grounds would be most appropriate when petitioning to modify a child support or spousal support order, and we can faithfully assert our client's case in contested proceedings.
Modification hearings can be hard-fought. We are happy to pursue out-of-court solutions, but are litigators at heart who are ready to fight for you in the courtroom. Call 610-365-4733 or contact us online to arrange a free initial consultation with a Philadelphia child support modification attorney.