Maria N. Testa has over a decade of Family Law experience and has consistently been named a Super Lawyer’s “Rising Star” in the practice of Family Law - an honor bestowed on only two-and-a-half percent of Pennsylvania attorneys each year.
As a member of the Pennsylvania Bar, Maria N. Testa has limited her practice to the exclusive representation of clients in family law and divorce matters, including child support, custody, visitation, spousal support, and alimony. An expert at oral argument, Maria is known for her tenacity and effectiveness in the courtroom and is well known by Judges and practitioners alike, for her practical, yet effective approach to litigating and negotiating family law matters. Maria is a certified mediator and has extensive experience in complex custody and divorce cases and is adept at utilizing experts when appropriate.
Ms. Testa earned her Juris Doctorate from the Seton Hall University School of Law. As an undergraduate at the University of Rochester, she completed a minor in legal studies.
Ms. Testa is strongly committed to providing pro bono legal services to the disabled and low income clients with critical legal needs. She volunteers with the Legal Clinic for the Disabled, the American Red Cross, and the Philadelphia Volunteers for the Indigent Program (VIP). In appreciation of her dedicated volunteer service to VIP clients, Ms. Testa was honored as the Philadelphia VIP Volunteer of the Month for July 2011.
Ms. Testa is a member of the American Bar Association, the Pennsylvania Bar Association, and the Philadelphia Bar Association including the Family Law Section and the Family Law Custody Committee. She is also a member of the Nicholas A. Cipriani Family Law Inn of Court and the National Association of Women Business Owners.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Support
- Custody & Visitation
- Same Sex Issues
- Spousal Support / Alimony
- Visitation Rights
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey
- Honors: Appointed Teaching Fellow - Federal Income Taxation & Business Association
- Honors: Outstanding Oral Advocacy Award
- Honors: Member, Family Law Society
- University of Rochester
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: Legal Studies
- 1. Proper Practice and Procedure of Family Law – 10.29.19: Presented regarding practice and procedure in custody matters in Philadelphia and the surrounding counties, October 29, 2019
- Pennsylvania Family Law Practice for Paralegals – With a focus on Enforcing and Modifying Family Law Orders and Decrees, January 24, 2020
Honors and Awards
- Suburban Life Magazine Top Family Law Attorneys
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Family Law Custody Committee
- Nicholas A. Cipriani Family Law Inn of Court
- National Association of Women Business Owners
- Montgomery County Bar Association, Family Law Section
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteer, Legal Clinic for the Disabled
- Volunteer, Philadelphia Volunteers for the Indigent Program
- Volunteer, American Red Cross