At Testa & Pagnanelli, LLC, we know that nothing is more important than the well-being of your children. However, in a divorce or custody dispute, it is common for parents to disagree on what is best for their children. As your family law attorneys, we will help you find a solution that fits the needs of you and your children. We understand that each case is as unique as the parties involved and will help you create a parenting plan that fits your specific circumstances.
Contact our office online today or by calling (610) 365-4733 to schedule your consultation with our experienced Montgomery County child custody lawyers. We serve residents of Montgomery County, Norristown, and the surrounding areas.
What Are Your Options?
There are several ways that child custody can be handled in Pennsylvania. From our office in Philadelphia, our child custody attorneys can help you determine:
- Physical custody: Children can live with a parent who is awarded physical custody. Sometimes physical custody is shared, and other times just one parent has it while the other has visitation.
- Legal custody: When a parent has legal custody, he or she can make major decisions for the child, including decisions about education, religion and health care. Most often, both parents are granted legal custody.
- Parenting plan: Once custody and visitation are determined; a parenting plan must be created. We can help you create a day-to-day schedule that works for you, your children, and your children's other parent.
There are certain circumstances in which expediting child custody may be necessary. If that is the case for you, our Montgomery County custody lawyers have the knowledge and experience to help you resolve your issue quickly.
We Handle All Aspects of Child Custody
Child custody is not always a straightforward process handled by two parents. There are many other scenarios or factors that can make child custody complicated.
No matter what child custody issue you are facing, we can help. We handle the following custody-related matters:
- Grandparents' rights: In some situations, a grandparent may be the best person to have custody of a child. We regularly represent grandparents in custody court.
- Paternity: Whether you may be a child's father or are a mother seeking a paternity test, we can help.
- Fathers' rights: Many people believe that mothers take precedence over fathers. Under the law, however, both parents are — or should be — treated equally.
- Parental relocation: Sometimes, life circumstances require a parent to move out of state or far way. If that is the case, modifications to a custody arrangement may be necessary.
- Visitation enforcement: If you are being denied visitation with your child, we can help enforce your agreement.
Understanding Child Custody Laws in Pennsylvania
When it comes to child custody, it's important to have a clear understanding of the laws and regulations in Pennsylvania. Our experienced Montgomery County child custody attorneys at Testa & Pagnanelli, LLC are well-versed in the state's child custody laws and can provide you with the guidance and support you need to navigate this complex legal process.
Some key points to consider about child custody laws in Pennsylvania include:
- The best interests of the child are the primary consideration in custody decisions
- There are different types of custody arrangements, including physical custody, legal custody, and sole custody
- The court may consider factors such as the child's relationship with each parent, the child's preference (if they are of a certain age), and the ability of each parent to provide a stable and nurturing environment
- Modifying a custody order requires a significant change in circumstances and is subject to court approval
By having a thorough understanding of child custody laws in Pennsylvania, you can make informed decisions and work towards the best possible outcome for you and your child. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with one of our knowledgeable attorneys.
We Protect Our Clients and Their Children’s Best Interests
We take the time to get to know each one of our clients in a free initial consultation. To schedule a time to talk with one of our experienced custody attorneys in Montgomery County, fill out our online contact form or call us directly at (610) 365-4733 today.
Devoted to Our Clients & Their Families
I highly recommend Maria TestaAlyssa H.
If you need a family law lawyer look no further! Maria is who you need!Trina M.
Testa & Pagnanelli Law is reliable, professional, and a good value law firm!Former Client
Individualized Approach Tailored to Meet Your Family's Goals
Efficiency You Deserve
Our firm will work to help you reach the next chapter quickly, efficiently, and without wasting your time and resources.
Focused Exclusively on Family Law
Don't leave the most important part of your life to chance, our team is highly experienced and solely focused on handling family law matters.
Well-Respected in the Legal CommunityOur attorneys have an impeccable reputation within the legal community and are highly regarded in their field.
Over 75 Years of Collective ExperienceBetween our attorneys, we have over 75 years of collective experience in ensuring your legal rights are advocated for.