If you’ve been arrested for driving under the influence (DUI) of drugs or alcohol, it’s important to know that you should not face this very serious criminal charge by yourself without the skill of a very adept Montgomery County DUI lawyer who knows the ins and outs of the criminal justice system in Pennsylvania.
Without proper legal guidance, you could make a costly legal mistake that could change the very course of your life. The ramifications of a DUI include both criminal and administrative penalties, not to mention collateral ones such as increased car insurance premiums and a permanent criminal record.
At Testa & Pagnanelli, LLC, our DUI attorneys in Montgomery County, PA, are highly familiar with criminal law in Pennsylvania and very competent in trying these types of DUI cases. If you or your loved one has been charged with a DUI, contact our law firm immediately for a free, confidential criminal case evaluation.
Our experienced Montgomery County DUI lawyers can fight for your legal rights and freedom to help you avoid jail time or hefty fines.
How Do You Get a DUI Dismissed in PA?
Yes, it is possible to get DUI charges dismiessed in Pennsylvania, although this has proved to be difficult under Pennsylvania's strict DUI laws. This is why it is so important to consult with an experienced Montgomery County DUI lawyer who is familiar with the local DUI laws. Here at Testa & Pagnanelli, our experienced Pennsylvania DUI lawyers provide quality DUI defense and fight for out clients.
Common Defenses Used DUI Cases in Pennsylvania
- The police did not have a valid reason to stop you.
- The police did not adequately explain the field sobriety tests to you and/or did not administer these tests properly.
- The breathalyzer used did not comply with state checks for accuracy.
What Are the Most Common Penalties for DUIs in Pennsylvania?
Criminal charges depend on how many times you have been convicted, how high your blood alcohol content (BAC) upon arrest.
- According to the Pennsylvania DMV, a first DUI offense with a “standard” BAC level (0.08-0.99, or “general impairment”) is a misdemeanor and you can be sentenced up to 6 months of probation with a $300 fine, you’ll need to attend an alcohol traffic safety program, and you may be ordered to undergo additional treatment.
- For a second DUI offense with the lowest level, also a misdemeanor, your jail sentence upon conviction will be 5 days to 6 months. The fine charged will be $300 to $2,500, your driver's license will be suspended for 12 months, you may be ordered to take alcohol safety school and treatment, and you will be ordered to have an ignition interlock device when and if your license is restored. Penalties increase for subsequent DUI offenses.
- Penalties vary for higher BAC levels. Penalties are more severe for 3rd (or more) DUI offenses.
Can You Plea Bargain a DUI in PA?
Yes, you can plea bargain a DUI charge in Pennsylvania. A district attorney may offer a plea bargain if the case against you isn't strong or the evidence against you isn't as strong as the prosecutor would like. Negotiating a plea deal without a DUI lawyer may not be in your best interest.
Contact our Montgomery County, PA, DUI lawyer if you were taken into custody for DUI now! To speak a member of our law firm for a free case review, call (610) 365-4733 or fill out our online contract form to schedule an appointment.
Devoted to Our Clients & Their Families
I highly recommend Maria TestaAlyssa H.
If you need a family law lawyer look no further! Maria is who you need!Trina M.
Testa & Pagnanelli Law is reliable, professional, and a good value law firm!Former Client
Individualized Approach Tailored to Meet Your Family's Goals
Efficiency You Deserve
Our firm will work to help you reach the next chapter quickly, efficiently, and without wasting your time and resources.
Focused Exclusively on Family Law & Criminal Defense
Don't leave the most important part of your life to chance, our team is highly experienced and solely focused on handling family law & criminal defense matters.
Well-Respected in the Legal CommunityOur attorneys have an impeccable reputation within the legal community and are highly regarded in their field.
Over 75 Years of Collective ExperienceBetween our attorneys, we have over 75 years of collective experience in ensuring your legal rights are advocated for.