Testa & Pagnanelli, LLC
Free Initial Consultation215-392-0863
  1. Home
  2. Blog

When can I request an increase in child support?

When the other parent of your child pays you child support, the amount that he or she pays is based on his or her income at the time of the initial calculation. While it was correct at the time, this does not mean that it will stay sufficient and correct forever.

This is why it is possible to request a child support modification in certain situations. In order to make a request for a modification of child support, you must first be able to show that a change of circumstances has occurred. For example, if you know that the other parent of your child has a new job or has been promoted, you will have a reason to believe that you may be entitled to more child support.

How do I make a request for a child support modification?

You will need to get in touch with the same court that issued the child support order initially and request a modification. This will need to be done regardless of whether you have agreed on the modification with the other parent. A judge must then evaluate the situation and make a decision based on what is fair.

Can an order be changed temporarily?

If there is a time when the child support paying parent loses their job or goes through financial difficulties, the order can be temporarily lowered to accommodate this.

If you want to make a change to a child support order, it is important that you take action and start the process as soon as possible.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Start Your Free Consultation

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Office Locations

Philadelphia Office
1500 JFK Blvd, Suite 1020
Philadelphia, PA 19102

Toll Free: 866-201-1112
Phone: 215-392-0863
Philadelphia Law Office Map

Montgomery County Office
325 Swede Street
Suite 201
Norristown, PA 19401

Toll Free: 866-201-1112
Phone: 610-239-1000
Norristown Law Office Map

Radnor Office
150 N. Radnor Chester Road, Suite F-200
Radnor, PA 19087

Toll Free: 866-201-1112
Phone: 215-392-0863
Radnor Law Office Map