Testa & Pagnanelli, LLC
Free Initial Consultation215-392-0863
COVID-19 UPDATE: Testa & Pagnanelli, LLC, IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS. We can meet with you in-office OR virtually via Phone/Zoom/FaceTime.
  1. Home
  2. Blog

How to enforce unpaid child support

As a primary custodian, successfully gaining a child support order may be a great relief, since it can be very difficult to raise a child as a single parent, especially from a financial perspective. However, when the other parent stops paying the child support with no warning, it can mean that you as the primary custodian can suffer considerably, and you may be unsure of what you can do in order to enforce the child support order.

There are federal and state specific laws in place that help primary custodians to enforce court-ordered child support. If you want to get the child support payments that your family deserves, it is a good idea to learn about these laws so that you can be empowered to take action.

How can unpaid child support be enforced?

When a person does not pay his or her child support obligations, he or she will receive a letter explaining the obligations in place, the process for paying and the time frame for paying it. Delinquent parents will also be given an outline for the consequences they will face for not paying child support.

There are many consequences associated with not paying child support. The way that the missed payments will be enforced depends on the amount missed and the length of time the child support has gone unpaid. Consequences can include the denial of a drivers' license, the denial of a passport, intercepting unemployment insurance and wage garnishment.

If you are owed child support payments in the state of Pennsylvania, it is important that you stand up for your child's rights.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Start Your Free Consultation

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Office Locations

Philadelphia Office
1500 JFK Blvd, Suite 1020
Philadelphia, PA 19102

Toll Free: 866-201-1112
Phone: 215-392-0863
Philadelphia Law Office Map

Montgomery County Office
325 Swede Street
Suite 201
Norristown, PA 19401

Toll Free: 866-201-1112
Phone: 610-239-1000
Norristown Law Office Map

Radnor Office
150 N. Radnor Chester Road, Suite F-200
Radnor, PA 19087

Toll Free: 866-201-1112
Phone: 215-392-0863
Radnor Law Office Map