Testa & Pagnanelli, LLC
Free Initial Consultation215-392-0863
COVID-19 UPDATE: Testa & Pagnanelli, LLC, IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS. We can meet with you in-office OR virtually via Phone/Zoom/FaceTime.
  1. Home
  2. Blog

August 2015 Archives

Grandparents visitation rights depends on several factors

Grandparents often want to be an active part in the lives of their grandchildren. However, in Pennsylvania, if a child's parents live together under the same roof and the child has never lived with the grandparent, the grandparent may not have visitation rights. There are, however, certain conditions under which a grandparent may ask for visitation rights.

Legal counsel for grandparents who want visitation rights

In Pennsylvania, as well as across the entire United States, a parent may not be able to take care of the child for one reason or another. This could be because of illness, divorce or substance abuse. Under those circumstances, in the best interest of the child, a grandparent may have to raise the child. The visitation rights of grandparents must be validated by the court. If it has to be proved in court, that grandparent, as a family member, is the best person to take care of the child. However, the grandparent will need a solid argument to prove the case in a Pennsylvania court, and for that, the elderly family member may find the support of an experienced attorney very helpful.

Pennsylvania child custody order in times of deployment

Pennsylvania residents may agree that a military service member is likely to face challenges in a marriage. Long-term deployment in the military, and the time away from family often leads to a divorce. If children are involved, the Pennsylvania court award child custody to the parent who is not a military service member. If the parent who has custody of the child wishes to modify the order in the absence of the military parent, the parent cannot do so.

An effort to curb Pennsylvania domestic violence using VAWA

According to reports, domestic violence against women is increasing in Pennsylvania and throughout the United States. In order to curb domestic violence, the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) was passed in 1994. Subsequently, changes were made to the act in 1996. VAWA then established grants to prevent domestic violence, and a domestic violence hotline was set up. VAWA has now been passed by 47 states, including Pennsylvania.

Email Us For A Response

Start Your Free Consultation

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Office Locations

Philadelphia Office
1500 JFK Blvd, Suite 1020
Philadelphia, PA 19102

Toll Free: 866-201-1112
Phone: 215-392-0863
Philadelphia Law Office Map

Montgomery County Office
325 Swede Street
Suite 201
Norristown, PA 19401

Toll Free: 866-201-1112
Phone: 610-239-1000
Norristown Law Office Map

Radnor Office
150 N. Radnor Chester Road, Suite F-200
Radnor, PA 19087

Toll Free: 866-201-1112
Phone: 215-392-0863
Radnor Law Office Map