Testa & Pagnanelli, LLC
Free Initial Consultation215-392-0863
COVID-19 UPDATE: Testa & Pagnanelli, LLC, IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS. We can meet with you in-office OR virtually via Phone/Zoom/FaceTime.
  1. Home
  2. Blog

Ex-baseball star tops the list of non-supporting parents

Children in Pennsylvania have the right to receive benefits from both their parents. That is why in Philadelphia, in the case of a divorce, non-custodial parents are required by law to contribute a portion of their income to pay for their children's everyday expenses and to help the custodial parent to raise the children. In reality, there are a lot of parents who fail to fulfill their parental responsibilities once the divorce is finalized, especially when it comes to paying child support.

Consider the story of a man who once had a salary of $2 million for only three games as a member Philadelphia's professional baseball team. The former baseball player is now at the top of the list of Pennsylvania's most wanted parents who owe back child support, which amounts to thousands of dollars. According to reports, he owes his two sons over $276,000 in back child support.

The player, who is now 50-years old, admitted that he failed to support his sons in 2011. When he was not able to meet his probation terms, the player was forced to serve a 180-day prison sentence. The former baseball star has been on the run since an arrest warrant was issued against him. The player earned nearly $33 million in his baseball career, but encountered a downfall when he got injured and was not able to play again.

What readers from Philadelphia should learn is that running away from a child support order does not solve anything. However, it does come with consequences including license suspension and jail time. Not providing for one's children and failing to pay child support may also jeopardize the children's growth, as it may deprive them of the proper health care and comfortable living standards.

What many people tend to forget is that the key to solving child support issues is communication, not only between parents, but also with the court. Those who think that they may not be able to fully pay their child support can file a request for child support modification. Filing for a modification may be troublesome for people who do not have knowledge of the proper procedures. That is why it may be best for them to consult a capable legal professional who can meet their individual, unique needs and provide expertise and sound advice.

Source: Nbcphiladelphia.com, "Ex-Phillie Tops "Most Wanted" Deadbeat Dad List," Dan Stamn, July 11, 2013

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Start Your Free Consultation

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Office Locations

Philadelphia Office
1500 JFK Blvd, Suite 1020
Philadelphia, PA 19102

Toll Free: 866-201-1112
Phone: 215-392-0863
Philadelphia Law Office Map

Montgomery County Office
325 Swede Street
Suite 201
Norristown, PA 19401

Toll Free: 866-201-1112
Phone: 610-239-1000
Norristown Law Office Map

Radnor Office
150 N. Radnor Chester Road, Suite F-200
Radnor, PA 19087

Toll Free: 866-201-1112
Phone: 215-392-0863
Radnor Law Office Map